Monday, April 20, 2015

Third Month Accomplished



Always on the Bike!
So my third month has been done. It has been a blast. The fun never stops on your mission haha if you make it so. I honestly am so happy every day. Like even when I'm tired and like mellow I'm really happy inside. I just cant show it because I am too tired!  Working out every day and then biking every day is really good at keeping fit! All ya'll should try it! 

Always enjoy doing some service
In fact, I have a challenge to issue to everyone this week. I have started reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible side by side with these 5 things in mind:

1) Faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement(Yellow)
2) Repentance (green) 
3) Baptism(blue)
4) Receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost(red)
5) Enduring to the End(purple)
 
As you can see each topic has a color after it. Now you can use any colored pencils you want, however I use these and as I read through the words of God and see a scripture that describes faith, or receiving or listening to the Holy Ghost or baptism, I mark that scripture with the corresponding color. This has caused a furthering in my testimony that the Bible and the Book of Mormon strongly testify of a Living Savior who is Jesus Christ. 

I encourage you all to begin this marking in your scripture study of the Bible and Book of Mormon. If you dont study the scriptures, now is a wonderful time to begin and witness the blessings that shower from heaven as you apply this joyful good news that is the Gospel of Christ in your every day life. I know that many of you are so so happy and have great joy. However, there is a fullness of joy that can only be expressed and felt in the Restoration of the Gospel on the Earth today. 

I testify that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that by applying its teaching to your life, you can experience a fullness of joy. A joy and knowledge that God lives and through His Son we are saved. I bear witness along side the Bible and Book of Mormon that there is a living prophet on the Earth today and God leads His church in everlasting life through His Prophets. In this is my testimony and knowledge and I promise that by reading and experimenting upon the words of the Book of Mormon and modern day proghets you can know for your self that the Fullness of the Gospel is here today. 

In the name of our Savior Jesus Christ, Amen.
Elder Irvine


I know this is a good look for me...pants leg roled up to keep it out of the stokes, rake in one hand and doing my best to steer with the other hand.  #lifeasamissionary

No comments:

Post a Comment