Monday, April 13, 2015

Got to Love It!



This is Dinky.  A present from my family for Easter.

The mission is going great. There has been a lot of success and a lot of work. We had service work from about 10 to about 5 the other day which was very fun and exhausting haha. I love the mission work so much. I have never felt so successful. The work the missionaries do is so great and hard that it just about knocks you out, but it is so much fun and rewarding to so many more people than yourself. 


For some reason this week there was a larger population of people than normal that yelled out "Hail Satan" at my companion and I. I wonder if that really brings them joy?   How sad and miserable their lives must be that they try to drag others down. Obviosley they have never talked to missionaries because if they had, they would know that we only ever always and forever talk about Jesus Christ. We talk about the great and lasting atonement, his taking upon himself our sins and sorrows, so that he may help us and save us. 

I love Jesus Christ. We are the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We are not Mormons.  We are Disciples of Christ doing our best to follow in His foot steps and keep His commandments because He loves us. And then blessings are promised. 

Thank you everyone for all of your support and kind attitudes. I hope everyone realizes what the mission requires from young women and men that take them on. They are setting aside their lives for two years trusting everything to the Lord because missionaries Love you and just want to share some of the happiness they have come to know with you. If anyone doesnt desire the message, just give the missionaries some water at least and politely speak to them. If anyone tried to follow Jesus Christ as we invited them to, they would come to know why we are so so happy and they would want to share it with the world too.

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and know that He lives. I testify of the saving and enabling power of His atonement and promise that when you follow His commandments because you love him, blessings will be given to you and your family. 

Yes, this is me cutting my poor companions Hair.  Supposedly, he trust me...Foolish!

Real concentration.  Did I tell you this was my first haircut!


Sincerely Elder Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment