Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Finally I can Write

I'm soaking all the pity I can get!


Hey everyone.

I'm sorry I couldn't email the last two weeks. My head was introduced to a wooden board at high speeds and I got a concussion last weekend. I was out and in bed all week. Really boring!  I don't recommend a concussion. 

Yeah we have a car since I got a concussion for a week or so :)
I thought I would share a quick scripture from the Book of Mormon. Its something I have committed to memory and have done my best to apply it in my actions. A captain of good guys in Alma chapter 46 verse 12 in the Book of Mormon writes a "title of liberty" on a rent cloth. The reason he is doing it is because a lot of bad guys are coming to battle against the good guys and they are really evil. They want to kill and enslave all the good guys. So Captain Moroni ( the good guy's leader ) Erects this "title of Liberty" as a statute for the good guys to fight and live by. This is what it says.

"In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children."
- Captain Moroni, Book of Alma chapter 46 verse 12 in the Book of Mormon. 

I love that title. It's simple but true.  It's pure, it's loving, and I believe it should be a way for us to guide and direct our lives. In each of our actions may we think of how it will show respect for and affect the name and image of our God, religion, freedom, peace, wives, and our children. 

If you are addicted to anything, you are not free because you are bound to something that causes you to make decisions based on if that addiction will still be available to you. I encourage you all to observe your actions and find out who you are, by what or rather who, you are acting for. 

I love you all and hope you enjoyed that scripture. 

Love,
Elder Sawyer Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment