Monday, March 23, 2015

First Baptism



Such a wonderful day!

Alma 17 :11 says, "And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites, thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls."  

O what great joy it is to know that as a missionary and that by bringing the good news of the restoration of the Gospel to God's children, you are bringing salvation to the souls of His children. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have been given to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. 
Lots of selfies


I am so grateful for the joy and happiness I have seen brought into the homes of those we teach. I am so grateful to see every day the endless love God has for His children.
I wake up everyday so happy to serve!

The only way to know for sure if the Gospel has been restored today in its fullness to the earth by God through Joseph Smith with the Book of Mormon is to pray and ask God if it is true. By so doing, wanting to know if it is true ready to act on the answer you receive of its truthfulness, He will manifest the truth of it unto by the power of the Holy Ghost. We know how the Holy Ghost speaks to us from Galations 5: 22 - 23. The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. If you feel any, some, or all of these feelings when you pray to know the truth of something then you know the Holy Ghost is manifesting the truth of it unto you. What does it mean when you come to know that the Restored Gospel is true and that we have a living prophet on the earth today? It means that God loved us from the beginning and continues to love us now and wants to help us. It means that there is all new good news to make you happier, to comfort you, to answer your questions, and bring you closer to your Heavenly Father, our living God. I do not know why people would not want this to be true. All I do as a missionary is invite people to pray and ask God if this gospel is true and a living gospel and Christ's gospel on the earth today. They are converted by God and the Holy Ghost, not by me. 

James 1:5 - "If any of ye lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." If you ask in faith, God will answer you I promise. In the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.

Don't think I've changed that much :) and yes, that is a chain saw in my hands.  I'm rocking it!

Idaho really is beautiful

Sincerely, Elder Irvine

No comments:

Post a Comment