Monday, January 26, 2015

"And so it Begins" -Theodin of Rohan

Look who found me at the MTC...Elder Balzer & Elder Craw
Hello everyone!!!!! This is Elder Irvine. The MTC is amazing! We study the doctrine of Christ for over 10 hours a day!!! Some of the computers are having trouble with pictures so hopefully next week I will be able to send yall some! Um im in a trio companionship and one of my companions and I have been called as Zone leaders. Basically we get to welcome the new elders and sisters this wednesday and we kinda have responsibility over the sunday meetings and some other stuff haha its crazy we got called our second day here haha. The rules are strict and the schedules are hard core but the productivity of each day is so awesome! I have witnessed the blessing that come from strict obedience to the commandments of God and the rules of the MTC and being an elder. Some elders and sisters dont understand how much better their experience would be if instead of trying to find ways to push the rules, they gave everything they had everyday. Its so amazing you can feel the comfort and impression of the Holy Ghost upon you almost every hour of every day. Its so amazing! I encourage all who feel a desire to serve the Lord as a missionary to prepare now and do all that you can to make it happen. I can already see that this is what I need to be doing with my life and where I need to be. Also I would encourage you to build your testimonies of the Lord and witness the happiness that it brings to your life. You all are amazing and I hope that you are making the most of this life. We heard an amazing talk this week and in it one of the big lessons taught was to become converted unto the Lord not just have a testimony of his teachings, and learn to follow Christ example and when the natural man would turn in to himself, turn outward and the the Lord will provide for you. I have gained a strong testimony of this scripture from 1 Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do the things the Lord commands for I know that the Lord giveth no commandment unto the children of men save he shall prepare a way for them to accomplish the thing which he hath commanded them." I also love the purpose given to the missionaries. "My purpose is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." LOVE IT haha anyways its awesome to serve the Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment